IBPhoenix Developer DVD
IBPhoenix is now shipping its thirty second Developer DVD, this Developer DVD contain's the python tool FBMon and FBOpt, The Firebird Book: a Reference for Database Developers - Edition II in pdf format. It also contains 2.0x, 2.1.x, 2.5.x, and 3.0.x plus a large collection of other Firebird related material. as well as additional Documentation, Drivers, Tools, source code and a searchable archive of the Firebird Developer and Support lists.
If you already have a subscription or support contract, don't panic, the DVD will be automatically made available to you.
What is it?
The IBPhoenix Developer DVD contains:
- The Firebird Book: a Reference for Database Developers - Edition II (4 Volumes)
- Latest 3.x binaries and source.
- Latest 2.5.x binaries and source.
- Latest 2.1.x binaries and source.
- Latest Firebird 2.0.x binaries and source.
- "Jaybird" the Firebird JDBC Driver.
- The Firebird .NET Provider.
- The latest snapshot and release of the ODBC Driver.
- Python Driver.
- FBMon tool from IBPhoenix.
- FBOpt tool from IBPhoenix.
- Other advanced documentation on Firebird (including).
- "Understanding Firebird Transactions".
- "Reading and Understanding the Lock Print".
- "Understanding the Firebird Optimiser".
- "Understanding the Firebird or InterBase Error Log File".
- "Inside Firebird Databases - Looking at the Internal Structures".
- "How to Write Updatable Views".
- "How to Write an Internal UDF Function".
- "How to Write an External UDF Function".
- How-to's to get you started, wherever you're coming from.
- A browsable, search application for Windows and Linux for the whole of the Firebird Support and Developer Lists to date.
- A large collection of third party software and components for Firebird and InterBase.
- Firebird Quick Start Guide.
- Firebird User Guide and Firebird Reference Guide.
- Firebird 3.x Release Notes.
- Firebird 2.5.x Release Notes.
- Firebird 2.1.x Release Notes.
- Firebird 2.0.x Release Notes.
- Firebird 1.5.x Release Notes.
What are the differences between the DVD's?
The Educational DVD can only be purchased by students or teachers, the developer DVD is available to individual developers , whilst the Corporate DVD allows the purchaser to make multiple hard copies of the documentation or copies of the DVD for "in house" use only within a commercial oganisation. How much is it?
The Developer DVD has three price points:
- Corporate $149.00
- Developer $100.00
- Educational $50.00
Note: These prices include postage and packing.
Or alternatively, you can take out a subscription.
Subscription provides you with bi-annual copies of the IBPhoenix DVD, as well as a monthly newsletter containing information on new bugs, bug fixes, new releases of Firebird software, and other relevant Firebird information. Subscription is available for a single annual fee.
- Corporate $600.00
- Developer $400.00
- Educational $200.00
How do I order my DVD?
You can order on-line via the IBPhoenix Shop or you can send an e-mail to Paul Beach, or give him a call on +33 (0) 247 5830 43 (you need the (0) if you are calling me from France, if you are calling from international, don't use it) with the following details:
- Telephone Number
- Shipping Address
- Coporate / Developer / Educational customer
- Payment method (i.e. how you intend to pay)