Simple, One Click Build of Vulcan on Windows with MSVC7
From Ann Harrison on the Firebird Development List 30th December 2004
The Vulcan build procedures have been changed a bit, leading to confusion. Several new projects are included, then name of the engine has changed from engine8 to engine11 to reflect the current ODS, etc.
- Install Microsoft Visual Studio 7.
- Checkout the Vulcan sources.
- Define the following environmental variables:
- ISC_USER - I used SYSDBA
- ISC_PASSWORD - masterkey
- VULCAN - <source root>/install
- Install Bison, starting from here.
- Add the following directories to the PATH environmental variable
- <source root>/install/bin
- <bison install directory>/bin
- Run the script boot_copy.bat from the <source root> directory.
- Set up the solution file
- Copy the file <source root>/builds/VisualStudio7/Vulcan/Vulcan.sln.template to <source root>/builds/VisualStudio7/Vulcan/Vulcan.sln
- Start Visual Studio.
- Open the solution file <source root>/builds/VisualStudio7/Vulcan/vulcan.sln
- In the Visual Studio/Tools menu, pick Options/Projects, then Visual C++ files. If the list does not include <source root>/install/bin and <bison install directory>/bin, add them.
- In the Visual Studio build menu, choose Build Solution.
The build is one click, once you've got the tools installed and identified.